I like couscous way more than rice, and it’s equally as versatile. This is a really basic couscous salad recipe (not exactly tabbouleh, which has more stuff) that can be jazzed up in a myriad of ways. It’s a good accompaniment for a meat-heavy or spicy dish.
- 100 grams quick-cooking couscous
- 1/2 red pepper, diced finely
- handful of chopped mint or basil or cilantro, or a combination thereof
- small handful sunflower seeds
- a pinch each of nutmeg, garlic powder and salt
Put couscous, sunflower seeds, spices and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour 160 ml of boiling water over the mix and stir well, then cover and let sit for 5 minutes. After five minutes uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in herbs.
Servings: Two, approx. 200 calories.